An electronic medical record is a digital version of a patient’s paper chart. It encompasses the medical and treatment history of the patient in one provider’s office. Specifically, it can contain patient contact information, vitals, prescriptions, allergies, past medical history and more. In some cases, an EMR is also known as Electronic Health Record (EHR).
The introduction of electronic medical records was designed to increase the efficiency and reduce documentation errors by streamlining the office workflow. With features like medical speech-to-text, macro buttons, appointment profiles and more, drchrono aims to improve the workflow in your medical practice.
Automate your note taking with macro buttons. Once you set your macro buttons, you can easily access your most commonly used notes with a press of a single button on the web and iPad.
With our specialty specific and adaptable medical speech-to-text tool, you can be assured that your words will accurately be transcribed into your clinical notes.
Advantages of using an EMR
According to HealthIT.gov, using an EMR provides multiple advantages, including:
- Improved data tracking
- Identifying which patients are due for preventive screenings or checkups
- Managing patient parameters (blood pressure, reading, vaccinations)
- Monitor and improve overall quality of care within the provider’s practice
Other benefits of using an EMR
- Improved patient care and experience
- Improved care coordination
- Improved diagnostics and patient outcomes
- Practice efficiencies and cost savings