New Feature: Automatically changing billing status after charting
Posted On May 4, 2017
Lock a note to automatically change billing status
A new setting has arrived in drchrono that adds automation to your practice’s workflow. This setting provides you the option to have your notes automatically transition to a billing status of your choice. The options you can choose from are:
- No status
- Ready to Bill: for a biller to review
- Ready to Code: for a coder to review
- Bill Insurance: add to the batch of claims automatically submitted daily
With this setting enabled, you’ll be able to easily pass off your charting work to the next step in the billing process.
- This feature will not override an already-set billing status. This feature will only transition an appointment’s billing status if the status was not yet set.
- This feature will not undo the billing status change if the note is unlocked.
- Already locked notes will not be impacted. This setting only affects notes that are locked after the setting is enabled.
- Enabling this setting will enable this feature for both the drchrono mobile EHR and the drchrono web EHR.
- If no billing status is selected in the setting, no change will occur.
This feature is available now and can be enabled in the ‘Billing’ tab of your account settings. To find the feature, scroll down to the ‘Miscellaneous’ section, check the ‘Change billing status to ________ when the note is locked’ box, then click ‘Update Entire Profile’.
Interested in trying out drchrono? Contact our sales team for a free demo at (844) 569-8628 or email email@example.com.
|Article by Thomas Your, Retention Specialist, drchrono|
Thomas produces product content as part of the Customer Success team at drchrono. Thomas has been working in healthcare and technology since 2011 with a focus on data analysis in wearable medical devices. Thomas holds a B.S. in Biomedical Engineering from Boston University, minoring in Computer Engineering and Business Administration & Management.